Kim Steven LaValley has been involved in the legal profession and business since he was very young, and over the years has developed a good understanding of “how things work.”
- He worked for private attorneys and for the L.A. County Courts, performing clerical work during high school.
- He opened and operated a legal services business (a jury investigation company) to put himself through college at the University of the Pacific.
- He clerked for law firms while in law school at Hastings College of the Law (the autonomous University of California law school in San Francisco.)
- He has been married for 33 years, raising 4 children and for many years, participated in community service organizations, locally and nationally
- He worked as a Deputy Public Defender in Humboldt County representing clients in a wide range of cases, from Juvenile Law and Involuntary Confinement cases, though serious felony trial work. In private practice, Kim also successfully defended a very wide variety of criminal and administrative licensing/disciplinary cases.
- He has also focused most of his years in practice on Worker’s Compensation claims, and disability law.
- Finally, he has many years of management and Human Resource experience in the private business sector.
Having relocated to the Lake Tahoe/Gold Country area in 1995, he now stands ready to advise and represent you in a wide variety of California legal matters, and can conveniently appear in the California courts of Alpine, El Dorado, Nevada and Placer, as well as the Federal District courts in California and Nevada, and appellate work at the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
His focus on Workers’ Compensation and disability work also allows him to make frequent appearances at the hearing facilities in Sacramento, Marysville and Reno.